Land Clearing in Bastrop County, TX, and Central Texas
Natural Texas uses state-of-the-art forestry mulchers for sensitive and cost-effective cedar tree removal. Our dedicated workers will carefully plan the extraction of cedar and brush to prevent damage to adjacent trees and soil.
We can efficiently reduce cedar trees by shredding on location.
Facts you should know when considering removal of cedar trees:
- If left unchecked, cedars can choke out other tree species and natural grasses, causing an unbalanced ecosystem.
- Cedar contains relatively large amounts of volatile oils, it is not preferred forage for deer and burns rapidly when ignited.
- In some areas of Texas, there are limits to how many mountain cedar (Ashe Juniper) trees can be removed in accordance with the Endangered Species Act to protect the habitat of the golden cheeked warbler.
Brush Clearing from Fence Line:
Natural Texas helps utility companies, property owners, farmers and ranchers establish and maintain fence or survey lines by effectively removing brush overgrowth. Our certified arborists will also provide strategies for protecting and enhancing valuable trees that are near your fence lines.
- Create walking paths, driving lanes, and trails for wildlife.
- Clear brush and trees in preparation for new fence line construction
- Create fire breaks that protect you and your neighbors from accidental fires
- Construct berms in preparation for a controlled burn.
Damage to the natural cycle of land can occur through farming, ranching, deforestation, mining, pollution, and neglect.
Fire suppression causes overgrowth and the spread of non-native species that damage habitats, erode soil and render the land unsafe or unusable.
Natural Texas uses a multi-phase approach to plan restoration of your land:
- Establish the intended use for the property ie: hunting, wildlife management, or enhancement.
- Plan the work in phases to prevent further damage to the soil or wildlife.
- Discuss enhancements of valuable existing assets such as old growth trees, pines, and natural vistas
- Work with grasses, trees, and brush to provide protection such as shelterbelts, windbreaks, and woodlots.
- Discuss ways to improve/enrich the soil by planting nitrogen-fixating plants and the addition of organic matter to damaged soils.
While we don’t do landscape architecture in the decorative sense, we do work with your property to remove unwanted trees and brush, help protect soils and restore habitats for native plants to regain a foothold. Natural Texas focuses on restoring or protecting plants that are adapted to the Texas climate: drought tolerant and pest resistant. Fostering native biodiversity provides a better network of relationships between animals, fungi and microbes, thereby ensuring the health of your property.
Trails and Firebreaks:
Natural Texas can efficiently create walking/driving trails that will double as firebreaks and corridors for deer movement. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department recommends creating corridors between areas of forage to significantly benefit deer populations.
Wildfire Protection and Prevention:
Fire suppression has build vast amounts of combustible brush in the understory. Areas on the rural-urban boundary in Central Texas are very vulnerable to fire. A recent study completed by the City of Austin cited West Austin as particularly at risk.
Defensible Space describes the area surrounding a home which is specifically maintained in the case of an approaching fire. Such space requires proper access for emergency vehicles and maintenance of plants and trees in the vicinity of your house. Having Defensible Space can require sacrificing some of the landscape you enjoy, but it may lower your fire insurance premium and provide invaluable peace of mind.
Natural Texas can help you create Defensible Space and be Firewise by:
- assessing the level of fire threat to your property
- mediate these threats by developing a more fire safe landscape, removing or replacing plants, removing brush piles and eliminating the need for future brush pile burns
- create safe fire lanes and proper access for fire fighting equipment
Prescribed Burning vs. Mechanical Brush Removal:
Natural Texas’ expertise has found forestry mulching to be particularly beneficial when followed with a prescribed burn and continued prescribed burning on a 5 to 7year cycle.
For areas that have too much undergrowth for a safe or efficient controlled burn, ourstate-of-the-art forestry mulching machines are the ideal solution for preparing areas for burn management.
Contact us today!
Forest and Land Management
I am writing on behalf of Carl Brockman, who performed land clearing for Black-capped Vireo habitat restoration for Travis County in February 2004. Mr. Brockman proved to be very professional and demonstrated a great deal of expertise, care and concern during all phases of the project. His understanding of native vegetation and our ultimate goal was paramount in allowing him to often work unsupervised. I strongly recommend his services for habitat restoration or manipulation. If you require any further information. please call me.Paul FushilleTravis County TNR
Believe it or not, the clearing that you helped me with has been holding well. I have had it shredded a couple of times and the grass is really taking hold. Now have about 20 good sized pecan trees beginning to branch out as they now have access to sun and space. Looks like a well kept orchard. Thank you again for a great job and for staying in touch. May all your jobs turn out as well as mine did. Jim.Sommerville, Texasread more